Problem with Retention Wizard created Incrementals

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by SpotOn, Apr 14, 2014.

1. SpotOn

SpotOn Registered Member

So I decided to go with HDM 14 Pro and use the Retention Wizard to schedule backups. Going with Full + Increments it seem to to be going along just fine until I tried a restore using the Boot Media. I picked one of the incremental restore points and the Restore Wizard just crashed! So I tried a Full + Differential and everything went smoothly which included restoring from a differential. So I compared the archives of Differential vs Incremental and noticed the archives were formatted totally different. The glaring difference was that in the Incremental archive folder the .pbi file was *not* named in relation to the "Full" archive but the Differential .pbi file was. Also the Incremental archive folder had a bunch of files related to "vhd"(confusing here?) although I'm not using the "VHD Backup Format". Obviously there is BIG difference in the way Retention Wizard handles Differential and Incremental backups.

Any clarification on this issue would be a BIG help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.