Problem with registry

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by erikguy, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Hey guys! I need help here. A while back I downloaded a program called the scanner integrator or something like that but one day after running Spybot it found the Teknum updater that came with the program. Of course I got rid of the program as best I could but a problem remains. It seems there's one little reference left on my computer, a persistent registry key located at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\teknum systems. No matter how many times I delete it, it comes back. I think I heard that rebooting flushes recently edited keys so I tried that, I tried compacting the registry so it'll write over that space on the hard disk. I tried deleting with a few registry cleaners including Registry First Aid. I can't think of anything else to do. It's become a problem because it seems to want to set a run key everytime I do like anything. I mean like, if I bring up the right-click Windows Explorer context menu it tries to set its stupid start-up key like 15 times. I haven't had Prevx long but it's already accumulated 1777 "intrusion attempts" because of this crapware or whatever you want to call it. Any suggestions will be persued, thanks.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2004
  2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

3. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Hey thanks a lot Nick! It seems that the DLL file that cleaner cleared out, not only fixed that registry key problem but a bunch of others as well. Thanks again for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.