problem with recovering my partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yurako, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yurako

yurako Registered Member

Hello,

I have decided to use True Image ( 9 ).

I installed my Win XP ( and nero, and True Image ) and using True Image made (Backup) an image on two discs. ( Surprisingly how 3GB were compressed to 2 CDs)

Afterwards, I did image verification and it was ok.

Later, I wanted to test it.. Therefore, I booted with the boot disc I made and wanted to do "Recovery".
    I insereted vol-2. ( this is what the program wanted) to cd-rom (F) and told him to read the image from there. - no problems so far...

( I have two partitions C-had Win XP and I formatted it earlier and then reinstalled the WinXP; and D- wich contains different data and was untouched.)

I told him that the partition I wish to recover is C, I marked it "active", and said I dont wish to assighn any logical name to it. next, next , next... then, he "started" recovering, but after a second he said "recovery finished successfully" ( or something like that...) and thats all. - HE DIDNT EVEN ASKED FOR VOLUME -1 !!!!o_Oo_O

Well, whzt happednd is that my Win Xp doesnt run and I cant recover it... Why is this happening? Was I doing something wrong?

p.s Sorry if this Q was already posted ( I guess it was ) - I tried to look for it but didnt find any answers :oops:
    Please help :eek:
    Thanks alot

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello yurako,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Please recreate the bootable rescue media with the latest build, boot your computer from it in order to restore an image and see whether the problem still persists.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. yurako

yurako Registered Member

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Well, actually it seems that I solved the problem:

I booted with Knoppix ( Bootable Linux on CD ) and copied the 2 images which I had on the CDs to partition D ( which was untouched when I reinstalled the system and conatins all kind of data - movies, docs...etc)

Anyway, after doing so, I booted with TI boot disk and prompted it to take the image form partition D - everything was fine :)

However, I have another question: what do you think was the problem? ( I didnt download the update because I had no operating system ! p.s I'll do it later on)
    The strangest thing is that I checked the image with Ti right after burnig, and I also recheked when I booted with the bootable CD - everything was fine. However, it didnt work.
    Furthermore, lets suppose that there was a bug and the image was corrupted but the verification didnt find it. However, when I copied the image to partition D it worked e.g the image was fine.

The only thing I can think of is that there was some kind of problem with reading from the CD ( which contained the image) - So is the problem in the CD or with the TI? (I'll download the update - just REALLY want to figure out what could be the reason for so many wasted hourse :ouch: )

Thanks
    yura

4. Acronis Support

Hello Yura,

I'm afraid that we are not able to tell you the reason of the problem with the restoration from CDs without the investigation.

Please install the lates build and create the bootable rescue media with it. If you can reproduce the problem with the latest build, please submit a request for technical support containing the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. yurako

yurako Registered Member

Hello ,

Thank you very much - it worked.

p.s. I accedently downloaded the trial version and did the boot disk with it.
    Will the disk work in the future or should I make another one with the real update ( wich I havent yet dowloaded :D )

Thanks

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Make it with the real version not the trial version. I don't believe the trial is fully functional.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Yura,

Please be aware that the bootable rescue media created with the trial version has Recovery feature only. Other functions are not available for that bootable rescue media.

We recommend you to download the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site and create the new bootable rescue media with it.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.