Problem with rc1 antivirus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by scaa, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

After installing it creates problems with some programs running on lan. I was initially surprises because I thought AV should have nothing to do with this. This problem is not there with version 2.7. I have experimented with installing /uninstalling the RC1 while reinstalling version 2.7 and can confirm the same.

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

what software did EA RC1 interfere ?

3. scaa

scaa Registered Member

This is a licensed version of a multiuser accounting package known as TALLY

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try disabling the real-time file protection and firewall, one at a time, to narrow it down first.

5. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Why does the question of disabling the firewall arises in av version 3?
    Kindly also let me know where to disable real time file protection and whether it has any bearing on security of my computer.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I would disable Web-protection (which in the AV only will also disable protocol filtering) . I also have problems with both EA and ESS in case protocol filtering is enabled . Perhaps it is related to the scan speed and the time ekrn needs to check the traffic (because it acts as a local proxy) . I have no problems with "Protocol filtering/Web AV protection" disabled , try it :thumb:

7. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Effect of disabling real time protection

Attached Files:

• real.png
      real.png
      File size:
      87.8 KB
      Views:
  8. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Effect of disabling web filtering. Does prtocol filtering get disabled automatically?

Attached Files:

• web.png
      web.png
      File size:
      84.8 KB
      Views:
  9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

With ESS - no , but with EA v3 - YES . Don't worry about the screenshot - on-access protection still works (a.k.a. AMON in v2)
    In case you keep Web AV disabled , does it make any difference , can these programs run , anything better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.