Problem with RAID on intel board

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by OBR, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBR

OBR Registered Member

Hi i have last build of Acronis True Image 11 - i want to restore my system disk C to RAID array, but from bootable session i cant to see it ... i am sure with version 10 i had not that problem ...

PS. ive tested back ATI 10, there my RAID array is! But there is not my secondary disk with backup ... damn i need 10+11 together and will be it great! But its not possible ... i am not only one with this problem, ive seen some similar post here ...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You can do a search RAID Intel ATI 11 and you'll find this is one of the bigest probs with ATI11, it can't see some of the RAIDs that prior versions could, in particular Intel RAIDS. You can contact tech support, send them the requested system info and maybe get a speical ios thatyou can burn to CD to make an ATI BootCD that will see your RAID -- Or, see below re VistaPe disk which will work and run faster.

3. OBR

OBR Registered Member

i dont use some third party software, i paid for ATI 11, bacause this RAID works great in ATI 10 ... where is problem in newer version?

4. shieber

Version 11 changed to a newer linux engine for the OS on the bootCD-I think it might even be a diff brand of linux than prior versions. It has lots more hardware headaches than prior versions -- in particular, Intel chipset RAIDs. However, for most folks it does everything they want it to and quite nicely. If the only hole in the product that affects you is that the Boot CD doesn't see all of your drives, you can solve that in one sitting by making a VistaPE disk. It's not a matter of letting Acronis off the hook for releasing ATI 11 too soon -- whoever was responsible for the premature release of ATI 11 should be taken out and shot (or at least sentenced to 50 years working the phones on tech support).

It comes down to a matter of what are reasonable and effective means to reach your goals. I suggest that a VisatPE disk might serve you well.

5. OBR

OBR Registered Member

i try VistaPE ...

6. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

isnt the only interface you get from a "vistape disk" a dos cmd window [no gui], dos cmd isnt an option for most users [including myself], i agree that the boot cd created using the linux drivers leaves a lot to be desired, i tried building the winpe disk using the application in ati echo ws and it was a very frustrating event to say the least, it would be great if acronis would move over to a boot cd using windows drivers.

7. shieber

Use Mustang's guide. Very Straightforward if you go step by step.

Follwoing that guide, the interface is graphical, not DOS. Unless you decide to include other stuff, the default interface will have a file manager and ATI and a couple other basic tools. Click on ATI and you get ATI running.

8. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

can you tell me that site [winbuilder.net] is 100% safe?

as far as i can tell the server isnt even based in the US, by using the winbuilder.net application you are required to allow it to download whatever files it deems required to your computer, is that 100% safe?

9. shieber

Well, I used it a month or two ago and never had a problem show up. Of course, if you're nervous, it doesn't hurt to have a nice security program like Kaspersky running so that the download is scanned.

sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.