Problem with RAID Controller Card And Aconis True Image 9.0 Build 2337

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BrianHelp, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianHelp

BrianHelp Registered Member

I am attempting to image an entire computer using Acronis True Image 9.0 Build 2337.

I am using a RAID controller XFX Rivo 64 5 Channel RAID, Netcell Sorage Processing Unit, running in a RAID 3.

The error I am getting when I attempt to boot into acronis to create the image is the following:

invalid operand : 0000

Bug at generic.c:115!
    $ /bin/insmod amd74xx
    /lib/modules/amd74xx.o

It then haults at this screen. The only way I can get into acronis is if I use Acronis Safe Mode. What I can presume is that this is a driver issue. Because if I take the XFX Rivo 64 RAID controller out and boot it will go into acronis with no problems.

I assume that since this is a driver issue that I could use BartPE to boot then use the true image plugin. The problem is I do not have the plugin available to me to test. If anyone can verify that this is the problem and that this will work with the true image plugin and bartpe, I won't mind forking over a few bucks to buy the new true image plugin.

I Thank you in advance for any help.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Don't need to buy the plugin. If you've registered your product its available for download. If not register at:
    https://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/products/registration/. You can then dowload it.

3. BrianHelp

Thank you for the information, but I have regestered my product but it does not qualify for the download.

In either case I would like to know if there is a fix for the current 9.0 program for this RAID Card.

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I don't understand, I have TI 9.0 and I'm able to download the plugin. If you can't contact Acronis support and they can help you. Or use the third party plugin from Mustang at: http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=15401. Mustang has a V8.0 and V9.0 plugin at his website.

5. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

...and, thanks to Mustang, I used reatogo instead of bartpe. I can confirm that his TI9 plugin works with reatogo.

Also, I do understand that the fix you want is to have the RAID card working without booting into a PE.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BrianHelp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please boot your computer from Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

7. BrianHelp

Thank you for all your time, I will be sure to try all of these helpful solutions and one of them are bound to work. Thanks again, for your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.