Problem with push installation to w7 64 bit client

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Computer Answers, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Computer Answers

Computer Answers Registered Member

I have a new W7 64 bit client on our network with server 2003 and when I try to push install as I have done before I get an error I have not seen before.

The error message is
    ESET Installer could not open installation package 'Eset Smart Security' (path: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\packages\install_v3\Eset Smart Security\package_nt64.nip') at server 'Coochin-sv2:2

There is nothing new about this path and I can locate it OK. The server name is Coochin-sv2 and the only odd thing is the ":2" at the end. Should this be a port number and if so how can I alter this?

The log copied below also seems to indicate that the problem is finding the package on the server.

Does anyone have any ideas?

OFFICE1
    Diagnostics user context: System Admin

Push installation simulation steps:
    Setting IPC$ Connection: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (OS Info): Result Code: 53 (The network path was not found.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (ESET Security Product Info): Result Code: 53 (The network path was not found.)
    Setting ADMIN$ Connection: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Copying ESET Installer: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Setting IPC$ Connection: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Registering ESET Installer as a Service: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Diagnostics conclusion: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
  2. Computer Answers

Computer Answers Registered Member

I can now answers my own question and feel like a real idiot at the same time. I hadn't downloaded the 64 bit version and as the new machine was our first 64 bit on the network I had completely forgotten that there were different versions for 32 and 64 bit systems. all working a treat now.
  3. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

Thanks for the update.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.