Problem with Paragon Drive Backup Personel 9.0

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by RAD, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAD

RAD Registered Member

A while back, someone asked me to compare Paragon Drive Backup Personel 9.0 with version 8.51
    I have both, but on different machines, so it isn't easy for me to directly compare.
    Just last night, I went to make backup images on both machines and noticed that there was no "Hot Processing" option on the 9.0 version !!!

This really bothered me, because Hot Processing is one of the most convenient features. I couldn't believe that 9.0 had been a "dumbed-down" of 8.51 instead of an improvement. So after a while of futzing around to see if I had missed turning it on as an option or something, I was about ready to contact paragon support, when I noticed that there was a "free update" shown on my Help-About link.

So I downloaded the update, and, voila!, it now has Hot Processing. I was one of the first to buy 9.0 when it came out, so maybe that feature was accidentally left out or something...I don't klnow. All I know is that if you have 9.0 you might want to check and see if you have the latest build. Something has been fixed.

I had made numerous successful backup images with 9.0 before, and every time it told me that it needed to reboot, I just thought it was me who had forgotten to activate the Hot Processing option, and I was in too big a hurry to stop, so I let it reboot. Last night was the first time I took the time to investigate.

2. denniz

denniz Registered Member

So you actually don't have a problem at all then... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.