problem with online videos like youtube

Discussion in 'hardware' started by simisg, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simisg

simisg Registered Member

i have one old pc celeron 766 ati radeon 7000 512 mb memory my internet connection is fast the problem is on slow graphics please help

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

The reality is, you probably just need a newer and faster machine..

3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Unless the graphics suddenly became slow, I would agree with Kerodo. The Internet is much more graphics intensive than it was just a few years ago. Your graphics card, if this one, only has 32Mb of RAM on board, a tiny amount. That, along with only 512Mb of system RAM is surely affecting performance - plus, that CPU is not too quick either.

There are a couple things you can do to improve performance, without breaking the bank. The first is to add another 512Mb of RAM - which, when starting with 512Mb, provides the best bang for your money. And then a better graphics card would be your next step. Finally, you could swap out CPUs - but old technology CPUs are getting harder to find, and may not be worth it. However, at some point, you need to decide if investing in an old machine is worth the cost. Adding hardware puts added demands on the power supply unit. If the PSU was already near capacity, you will need a bigger one. And if the motherboard is getting along in age, it may not last long enough to get your money's worth from the new RAM or graphics card - and it is not likely you would be able to use them in a new PC as new technology RAM and graphics capabilities of new motherboards do not support the old style RAM or graphics cards.

So bottom line, it may be time to start investing in a new computer. The good news is you can use your exiting monitor, keyboard, and mouse so that will save some money up front, allowing time to upgrade to a new monitor when budget permits.

4. simisg

simisg Registered Member

thanks for advises this is my second pc and i have it only for word print and fax
    but im just asking if it has a problem with online video or is just to old and slow for todays internet.......

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    That's my vote. Celerons hurt running Windows NT, they were OK back in the Win98 days, but NT pushes a CPUs cache more.

And like stated above...todays internet is MUCH more intensive on your system, combined with todays antivirus which pushes your system more, etc etc...

Time to get up into the GHz speeds.

6. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

What's the speed of the CPU? 850MHz on PIII with 512MB of RAM ATI Mobile 2x AGP 8MB SDRAM can playback youtube videos okay.. I have rebuild the PIII two laptop the other one is 1GHz same setup that works like a champ.

The one issue with these are the HDD, if you replace the slower HDD to with something like 40, 60, 80, 100GB or higher that runs at 7,200RPM and have some sort of Cache buffer then problem is solved.

7. Az7

Az7 Registered Member

Hey,

Download this driver.. it is for Windows XP , Windows 2000.

8. simisg

simisg Registered Member

i have already this driver....

9. Az7

Az7 Registered Member

Ok, then .. Try this ..

Az7 acceleration settings.PNG

10. simisg

simisg Registered Member

i know this ........ is full

11. Az7

Az7 Registered Member

Maybe DXDIAG log is useful here ..

12. simisg

simisg Registered Member

yes is useful thanks. i found that no agp acceleration exists then i have installed
    via 4in1 chipset drivers!! now video is faster and agp 2x exists but my pc is slow for that. i will replace soon celeron 766 with a pentium 3 933 ......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.