Problem with Norton Ghost v9.0

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by JohnSk, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnSk

JohnSk Registered Member

Using PG v3.150
    Issue: Get this error when I try to run Norton Ghost v9.0:

"Norton Ghost Management Console has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Problem goes away when I remove check mark from "Execution Protection" in "Main" tab. Seems like two files get added to the "Security" tab when I execute the program: "v2iconsole.exe" and "v2iconsole_.exe". I then added both files to the "Protection tab" using the right-click option from the "Security" tab. Finally, I used the right-click option from the "Security" tab to "Change last action" to "Set to Permit Always". ---- Still no help. Finally, I tried changing the multiple check boxes in the bottom half of the "Protection tab" to all the various options. ---- Still no help. The only way to execute the program properly is to remove check mark from "Execution Protection".

Can anyone recommend a course of action?

Regards,
    JohnSk

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Ghost 9 has to have execution access to work. I would set it to allow execution for G9 I have it that way and it works just fine.

3. JohnSk

JohnSk Registered Member

Sorry, I'm a bit new to PG. How do I set it to allow execution for G9? ~JohnSk

4. bigc73542

When you highlite ghost in PG under the protection tab, the box on the bottom has the settings for that app just allow it to have execution rights. check the boxes in the screen shot. try that and see if it doesn't work then.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  5. JohnSk

JohnSk Registered Member

Worked!! Thanks. ~JohnSk

6. JohnSk

JohnSk Registered Member

Well, it didn't work. I had the Execution Protection box unchecked in Main tab. When I unchecked it, to failed... Thanks anyway....

7. JohnSk

JohnSk Registered Member

Correction:

Well, it didn't work. I had the Execution Protection box unchecked in Main tab. When I "checked" it, it failed... Thanks anyway....

8. bigc73542

sorry about that. My Ghost 9 works just fine with PG. Don't know what to tell you. I have mine set as the screen shot shows and I have created several ghost images and restored the system from them.

9. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I have installed and uninstalled Ghost 9 several times, and never had any issues with PG.
    Have you tried to run PG in learning mode for a while having 'execution protection checked?

10. JohnSk

JohnSk Registered Member

Yes, ran PG with various options set - including learning mode... Did not work. Thanks for the suggestion. When I find the solution it will likely be obvious - at least after the fact. ~JohnSk

11. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Untick "block new & changed programs" ?

12. JohnSk

JohnSk Registered Member

Gavin, tried just about every option... Only way I can get Ghost to start properly is by removing tick from "Protection Enabled" from the taskbar icon. Once PG is disabled I can execute Ghost! Thanks anyway, ~JohnSk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.