Problem with Norton Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by haiauphixu, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haiauphixu

haiauphixu Registered Member

hi guy,
    I don't know what happen with my computer ?
    Before I have Norton System work , then the subcription is end , so I uninstall this software .
    Later, I install Norton Antivirus 2004 , but I can't . I double click on install file "NAVSetup.exe" nothing hapen !!! (it don't even open the window)
    I remember I have this problem before , but now I don't know how to fix it , I think maybe there something wrong with my registry o_O
    Please hep me guy.
    Thank in advance
    Note: I did scan my computer on line in symantic website for virus , and there are no virus in my computer.

2. jim_k

jim_k Registered Member

Try the following. All of the things in this list are free.

• Try a few other online virus scanning sites, such as Command on Demand or any of the products in this list. You could be infected with something that is disabling the NAV online scan.
    • If you are running Windows 95, 98, or Me, download and run F-Prot Antivirus for MS-DOS.
    • Be sure your Windows Installer is up to date and installed properly. See this link for Windows NT and 2000, or this link for Windows 95, 98, or Me. Windows Installer 2.0 is included in XP.
    • Uninstall all other virus scanners. If you have previously installed Norton AntiVirus on your computer, please see this document.
    • Uninstall all Symantec software. You can reinstall it after NAV is installed successfully.
    • If you are comfortable editing the registry, make a backup and remove all references to Norton and Symantec. Also, remove any files or directories that refer to Norton or Symantec on your hard drive. Feel free to skip this step for now.
    • Take a look at the Symantec NAV 2004 knowledge base if you have not done this already. It has a lot of troubleshooting tips for installation issues.
    • If you are running Windows 2000 or XP, open the event viewer (Start > Run > eventvwr.msc). Click on Application. Look for any events titled "MsiInstaller". If you see any, double-click on the event and copy and paste the information here. There may be many entries. Check all of them, since they may have different information. Only post unique events.
    I'm sorry this troubleshooting list is so long. There are a lot of things that could be causing this problem. Hopefully, something in this list will help.

3. haiauphixu

haiauphixu Registered Member

Thank you very much for your helping.
    I did try online scaning with other web base scanning , and there are no virus too.
    My OS is Win XP .
    In the list when I type "eventvwr.msc" i saw a lot of Error in MsiInstaller field
    I double click to open these one , but nothing happen , it doesn't open anything .
    Please help me .
    Thanks

4. jim_k

jim_k Registered Member

Just double click on the event to open it. If that is not working, right click on it and click Properties. Then, click on the Copy button (it looks like two sheets of paper). Then, paste the info here. If the report contains anything that appears to be personal information, feel free to delete that part of the report. It will look something like this:

Code:
       Event Type:	Warning
       Event Source:	MsiInstaller
       Event Category:	None
       Event ID:	1004
       Date:		7/1/2004
       Time:		9:56:07 PM
       User:		NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
       Computer:	HAL9000
       Description:
     Detection of product '{43DCF766-6838-4F9A-8C91-D92DA586DFA7}', feature 'DefaultFeature', component '{9F47ECA8-A740-EC80-1AE2-C48048D83AA4}' failed. The resource 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Journal Viewer\' does not exist.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at [url="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp"]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp[/url].

Are you installing from a download or a CD?

5. Arin

Arin Registered Member

maybe you should re-install the MSI support. are you installing from a CD? is it a NAV 2004 Pro CD? i hope the CD is ok in that case. but IMO re-installing the MSI will help you.

6. Yves Pascal

Yves Pascal Guest

Bonjour, j ai un probleme avec Norton Antivirus.. Mon PC se deconnecte avec une indication de souce MsiInstaller.
    Le message d erreur est le suivant.

Échec de détection du produit '{43DCF766-6838-4F9A-8C91-D92DA586DFA7}', fonctionnalité 'DefaultFeature', composant '{9F47ECA8-A740-EC80-1AE2-C48048D83AA4}. La ressource 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Journal Viewer\' n'existe pas

Pour plus d'informations, consultez le centre Aide et support à l'adresse http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Qui peut m aider ?

Merci

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.