Problem with Nod32 v4.2 on a network with shared file and folders

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lizthe, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizthe

lizthe Registered Member

Hi
    i'm a software developer. I'm having troubles from around 1 year with the version of nod32 4.2 (and later).
    Usually i work with some files on my software (just files not DB with a dbserver) on a shared folder on a pc that act like a server and many workstations acces to the folder/files locking them for read and write purposes.

With the version 4.2 installed (with default parameters) i receive network file lock problems and my applications can't work anymore after nod is installed

i've found a workaround after many tries configuring all the workstation disabiling the "scan network drives", "all euristics options" and excluding the local and network folders of my softwares

i would like to find another better/faster solution instead avoid to choose a different antivirus couse this is very boring couse many users after update nod have suddelny problems and to fix it its needed to manually configuring the workstation click by click
    thank you
    regards
    Alessandro

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume that contacting customer care and supplying them with a Process Monitor log from a point when the issue occurs would be the best course of action in cases like this. Also it will be important to know if disabling just one of the mentioned options resolves the issue (start with disabling adv. heuristics) and what kind of files are accessed remotely (if possible, supply an example of such files to ESET as well).

3. lizthe

lizthe Registered Member

Hi
    i would like to do this but i dont own rightnow a nod32 licenced couse are my customers having it so anywhere i try to contact nod it asks to me to give a licenze number and i cant go on

if you can help me doing this , and also knowing where i can access to process monitor logs (i suppose you mean monitor in Nod and not windows)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.