Problem with NIS 2008!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tsilo, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

HI there, I have a problem with my NIS 2008, we all know that after protection updates Norton products run quick scan to check most infectable areas for viruses. My NIS 2008 also do that after every updates but when I chek scan history I see that after every quick scan there are 0 files scanned ... in other forums I sow many people have same problem, but I can't find solution. Is there someone who knows why it happens and what to do to fix it?

Now I cheked history and I see this happens after 16 november, can anyone help me?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

It's possible that one of the Symantec updates caused a problem, it happens now and then with Symantec products. I'd contact their support and see if you can get any advice there. Sometimes a program update breaks something and then a future update fixes it again...

3. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

I want ro say that when I had problems with control center crashes Symantec fixed this problem with update..
    How can I see many other people have same problem with quick scan, I noticed it month ago, but so far nothing.
    Is there someone who have similiar problem? I recomend to chek scan history for every Norton user.

4. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

Run norton removel tool and do a clean install from a different and safe download source.

regards,
    geek

5. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Are you sure it will fix problem?

6. computer geek

Well, its better than not trying it, i used norton once and had masses of errors, and half their solutions was this!

Regards,
    Geek

7. computer geek

If it does not work, have u tried contacting tech supporto_Oo_O??
    Or the autofix toolo_Oo_O??
    Or the forum(if there is one)o_Oo_O??
    Or searching the knowledge baseo_Oo_Oo_O?

Regards,
    Geek

8. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

Unfortunately, Symantec closed their forums years ago. The forums were a great help to me when I had a problem with NIS or NAV, so as far as I was concerned, it was more frustration with Symantec tech support.

9. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

After reinstalling NIS I checked my history and the Quickscan that was performed after installation states that it scanned 4874 files.

Maybe try the Add/Remove-->SymNRT-->[your fav regcleaner] and then reinstall and see if that does the trick.

10. amysheehan

amysheehan Registered Member

Here's my best suggestion [ for now ]
    Turn OFF Quick Scan so it will not run after virus updates - for now.
    When it's convenient for you MANUALLY run Quick Scan and report the results.
    This issue has occurred before and as I understand it - it's a glitch in the reporting of files scanned - NOT the files haven't actually been scanned.
    This issue is known to Symantec upper-level division heads and will be resolved along with several other glitches very shortly.

I'll be sure to report back when I have a confirmed date for release via Live Update.

-amy-:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.