Problem with Local Area Network starting after fresh install

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by djsuth, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djsuth

djsuth Registered Member

Hello all. I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this problem. In the last week my PC was having problems loading - it would hang at the Windows 7 Welcome screen. Basically, I narrowed the problem down to ESET Smart Security having somehow corrupted itself. So, I did an uninstall and reinstall of the program.

The Windows 7 loading problems have resolved, but now it takes about 5 minutes for my Local Area Network to be detected and load. I have the latest network adapter driver installed ( I use a broadband modem wired directly via cable ) and BIOS settings haven't been disabled.

Any advice on settings within Smart Security that may be responsible for this situation ?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does changing the way the firewall integrates with the system make a difference? For testing purposes, try setting it to "Only scan applications protocols" and, if that doesn't make a difference, change it to "Personal firewall is inactive".

3. djsuth

djsuth Registered Member

Well, I have tried disabling the firewall, and starting in Safe Mode ( with Networking ) ... and the Local Area Network still seems to take an age to first be recognised, then configure itself.

When my ESET Smart Security originally corruped itself, I had to manually uninstall it. It's only after this that my network connectivity has been limited. However, despite manually reinstalling the network adapter drivers the problem persists.

Not sure what else to try other than a fresh OS install - again :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.