Problem with Kerio 4.2 - Need Help

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by InfinityAz, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

I was running Kerio 4.2 (w/ BZ's enhanced ruleset) on my desktop (XP Pro) and notebook (XP Home). They were both running well and I was very satisfied until recently.

My desktop is still running Kerio just fine but my notebook started having problems a couple of weeks ago. Here's what happens on my notebook (btw - neither computer is infected with anything):

- Firewall icon does not show up in system tray
    - The servcies are running but I can't bring up any gui interface
    - I can't stop the services (nothing happens to the service when I try to do so)
    - The firewall still responds with pop-ups when something happens but the pop-ups flicker and take a long time to respond to any mouse clicks

The notebook is relatively new and I did a fresh install about one month ago. No other firewalls are running, etc. and it had been running just fine until I started having problems (nothing changed (i.e., no new software, etc.). I've uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times. The only way I can get Kerio to work on my notebook is if I use 2.1.5 but I would like to get 4.2 working again.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

This could just be another Kerio 4.x bug unfortunately. All I can suggest is that you try posting also on the Kerio Forum, and see if you get any help there too. I have seen similar reports with the Kerio 4.2 beta's but have no idea what the problem really is. And unfortunately, Kerio has recently announced an end to the KPF line, so you shouldn't expect any updates in the future.. Sadly...

3. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Thanks Kerodo.

I was afraid it may be a bug with Kerio 4.2. I did post on the Kerio forum and hopefully someone may have some suggestions. If worst comes to worst, I can continue running 2.1.5 on my notebook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.