Problem with Google in IE11

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Krusty, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I've just uninstalled the Google Toolbar so I don't know if that is related or just a coincidence but anyway...

If I search on Google, then want to add a word to the search term and press the space bar on my laptop the page scrolls instead of putting a space after the first word. For example, if I look for "brown" without the quotes, then after the results load I press the space bar to put the word "dog", the page scrolls down. If I press the space bar again it scrolls down again.

I've tried disabling Keystroke Encryption in HitmanPro.A and tried Resetting IE but there is no difference.

This doesn't happen if I search in Chrome, Firefox, Cyberfox or Edge, only IE11, and it's only just started after uninstalling Google Toolbar.

Can someone else check IE11 and Google on their machine, please?

Thanks.

2. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Blasted Google! I reinstalled the Google Toolbar and guess what? Yep! The space bar is working as it should. :mad:

3. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

the space bar is for all browsers same - scrolling downwards.
    if you use the GT to search its a special function with input mode.
    so "working as it should" is a point of view and not for everybody same.

4. Zorak

Zorak Registered Member

My wife has been going bananas to me about this!! It only seems to have started occurring recently, but we have never had Google Toolbar installed.

5. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I don't know about that. It only affected IE11 and only after I uninstalled the Google Toolbar. It affected both of my Win10 machines and it stopped on both machines when I reinstalled the Google Toolbar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.