Problem with Firefox and Version 4

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Martial, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martial

Martial Registered Member

Hello ( by error posted on beta forum but it for final version)
    I have installed the new version 4 (64 bits) of eset smart suite on my computer (windows vista 64 bits edition 8 gig ram) and since when i navigate with firefox 3 i have lots of froozen computer ( open window freeze,download link drive to frozen my computer) and i can only reset (control-alt-delete doesn't work) I didn't have this problem before with version 3
    No new installation,no new settings on window and firefox.Just desintall version 3 and install version 4 of Eset smart suite
    Since this problem i use internet explorer :visit the same forum sites and fewr crash (two times)
    So problen seems related more to Firefox or some setting of Eset suite (i just select typical installation and leave defauts)
    Today i just restore my c drive from before version 4 :navigate all the afternoon without problem with firefox
    You understand that i will hesitate to reinstall again version 4 even my license is valid until 2010
    Some suggestion
    Thanks

2. s4u

s4u Registered Member

What was your previous security set up? Any other security apps installed?

3. Martial

Martial Registered Member

Hello
    So I have upgraded to version 4 (64 bits edition) from version 3 (64 bits )
    I had problems with navigating in internet especially with Firefox 3 :frozen screens ,difficulties for accessing some sites
    I have reinstalled version 3 :everything is correct
    Eset support says it is because may be bad download or corrupted file :i have redownloaded version 4 and reinstalled it:Same problems with internet
    I decide to reinstall again version 3 :internet navigating is ok, no more frozen screens
    So i will wait another build of version 4
    My system:Vista 64 bits,8 gigs ram
    Nothing was changing in my sytem during this period :just install-reinstall Eset suite

4. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

v4 IDS killing internet connection

Does the Thread above with 199 posts and 9349 Reads give you any hint that the problem is not FF3?
    There are many other Threads complaining about V4 site access and other issues. Would love to know how the Test Group is derived!

A number of users have posted ESS V4 is fine with them although I'm beginning to wonder if more Vista users are succeeding vs. XP, which I am. I started posting Feb 18 about Time-outs on common web site access while V3 had no problems.

Look at the varied posts and try possible fixes as you wish. ESET never posts exactly what problem they are working on behind the scenes but I trust them to fix this because the marketing damage will be too Great (in my opinion) if they do not.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.