Problem with F-secure 5.30

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by fatpizzaman, Apr 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatpizzaman

fatpizzaman Registered Member

I am currently using F-Secure 5.30 as I was lured into its 3 multiple scanning engines. However, I recently stumbled across a problem.

I don't know how good the heuristics are of this virus scanner. There are not many options!!

Look when you detect Eicar, are you supposed to be able to disinfect it? It is because I haven't downloaded it yet, but I did SAVE AS.

Anyone else have their issues with F-Secure??

2. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Depends which eicar test file u r using:
    For instance, F-secure will disinfect or deleted eicar.com test file but won’t be able to disinfect eicar.com.txt.

Technodrome

3. fatpizzaman

The thing is F-secure wont even let me download the file!! Is that a good sign?

4. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Yes that’s perfect!!! F-Secure is blocking file assuming that Eicar test file is the real virus. Because of this you won’t be able to download eicar test file. You can download the zipped one (if you turn archive scan off).

Technodrome

5. fatpizzaman

ah ok.. F-Secure has done it again. I love them! Goobye Norton..

Off the record, Norton has ripped off $3billion from worldwide users and is currently the richest anti-virus company!

But the fact is, it is so much inferior than NOD32, AVP and F-Secure!!

I hope that Norton's next release is stronger than its predecessors.

----Fatpizzaman!

6. swisscoms

swisscoms Registered Member

Hi Fatpizzaman, I think you made a great choice using this AV. The fact it denies a virus to download and hit your Hard Drive is a huge plus, as Technodrome points out. Thank you too Technodrome for confirming this AV has 3 engines. ;)
    I must be honest and say on my other PC here I have been quite happy with Norton. It appears to be quite reliable. I guess it is like everything in our High Tech World, one can get a bad sample. I am glad to hear you are happy with your new F-Secure also! I am delighted with mine. Regards, Peter.

7. fatpizzaman

Since it has 3 av engines- doesn't it mean that it is better than:

a) F-prot AV
    b) Kaspersky AV
    c) Orion?

So therefore it has to be an excellent virus scanner??
    Although I find the interface to be quite basic. I was hoping for some option like DEEP Heuristic or MAXIMUM Security selection or something like that!

Are there are conclusive tests that show F-Secure is an excellent piece of software??

besides av-test.org?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.