Problem with external Firewire drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by luk, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luk

luk Registered Member

Hi folks,

I'm a new True-Image user and this is my first problem... ;)
    I've succesfull created an HD image into an external firewire hard-disk, but the question is: why if I try to restore it in bootable mode (with a zip, created via True-Image) the external drive is invisible? Firewire storage is supported only if I boot normally the PC or there's another reason?

Thanks to all.

<LuK>

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello luk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please let me know what version (build) of Acronis True Image you use. Please also try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create sysinfo.txt file (please see Acronis Help Post for the instructions) and send it to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. rharris270

rharris270 Guest

Firewire works for me when I run True Image version 8 (build 937) from a bootable CD.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Connect the firewire drive to the PC **before** booting into True Image. Also, be sure that the drive has power and is turned on, again, both before booting.

2. Be sure that your bootable media includes the full set of drivers. A ZIP drive is plenty big to hold all the available drivers.

4. luk

luk Registered Member

First of all, thanks for reply,

I use version 9 (build 2289) and the ACPI features are disabled in BIOS options. During the boot trought Zip (or CD-RW) compare this script: "ohci1394_D: SelfID received outside of bus reset sequence". o_O

What can I do to add the drivers (if this is the problem) for the Firewire to my bootable rescue ZIP (or CD-RW)?

Thanks so much.

5. luk

luk Registered Member

Noone can help me? :doubt:

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I think support meant, when booting from the CD press F11 and then change the ACPI entry after removing the QUIET option.

Colin

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Colin,

A slight correction if I may. The instructions in the Acronis Support Sticky do not call for removal of the word QUIET. Just add acpi=off noapic to the Linux kernal command line such that it reads QUIET acpi=off noapic and then click O.K.

Regards

8. luk

luk Registered Member

I've typed the command "acpi=off noapic" during the boot with rescue zip and... Wow, the fireware drive work! :D Now: Is possible add this command permanently? If yes, what?

Thanks. :)

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi luk,

Contact the Support Team at support@acronis.com, explain the problem along with how you overcame it and request they provide you with a link to download an ISO image that contains the acpi=off noapic switch. Obviously, Acronis will require proof of purchase such as your registered Serial Number or scan of your order/invoice.

For info on how to burn an ISO file to CD, check out Section 2 of the Acronis Support Sticky titled <Please Read Before You Post>.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello luk,

Menorcaman is right. We can give you the instructions on how to get the "acpi=off noapic" parameters included into the Acronis Bootable CD. To do that please send a letter with the link to this thread, full name of your version of Acronis True Image and the serial number for it.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

11. luk

luk Registered Member

Ok, thanks for your suggestions. I've contacted the Support Team and now I'm waiting for reply. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.