Problem with Ewido's online scan.

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Seth_, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seth_

Seth_ Registered Member

Hello,

For the last couple of months I've noticed that Ewido's online scan will crash itself, or crash IE when attempting to remove moderate to severe infections. The exact message is, "Ewido (or Internet Explorer), has encountered a problem and needs to close".

I've confirmed this on many computers and with other techs. Can someone please tell me why Ewido's online scan is doing this?

2. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Which Internet Explorer Version do you use?
    Which infections have been found?

3. Seth_

Seth_ Registered Member

Thank you for the response Karl.

I'll be begin by saying that I was rather surprised by the lack of responses. I thought for sure that the issue was widespread and I would receive many replies such as, "I've been experiencing that as well".

I'm a computer technician that promotes Ewido and often uses Ewido's online scan (both regular and micro / same issue with both).

The problem has been going on for about three months and occurs with XP Pro/Home SP2 or SP1 along with IESP1. It has occurred so frequently at customers homes, that I've had to discontinue using the online scan.

I wish I had more details as to the names of the infections, but all I can say is that it doesn't happen when there are few malware infections (about less than 5 adware or trojan components). With more prevalent and sever infections, the scan will complete, I'll proceed to remove, and a few seconds later the error, "Ewido (or IE) has encountered a problem and needs to close". No infections are actually removed.

Notes:
    1) I've never seen this occur prior to about three months ago.
    2) My preparation of the computers before the scan has not changed. Preparation basically consists of cleaning msconfig's startup, running a drive cleaner such as Ccleaner, removing malware embedded programs from Add/Remove, disabling System Restore, and clearing the prefetch.

4. chrisroth

chrisroth Registered Member

i had the same problem i removed brave sentry and installed a trial version of panda to get rid of brave sentry and removal tool from pchell.com. now i cant run the online scanner samething happend at my home computer.
    thanks
    chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.