Problem with Ewido 4.0 (free)

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Gary R, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary R

Gary R Registered Member

Aug 14, 2006
    I've always been a fan of Ewido, and used the old version without problems for quite a while.

However, I'm not a lover of the new interface on version 4.0, and now have further reasons to dislike the programme.

I ran a scan tonight, and after a few seconds, it crashed my video driver (Toshiba 1100 series laptop, Intel(R) 82830M Graphics Controller, Driver, not for the first time I might add (this is the 3rd time).

Tonight however it went further, and crashed my computer as well. What's more I couldn't re-boot, computer hanged before the log on screen appeared.

So I did a "boot from last known good configuration" which fortunately allowed me to log on.

OK, time to ditch Ewido, but the uninstaller was missing from Add/Remove Programs. So I tried the uninstaller in the Ewido folder in Program Files. No go there either (got told I didn't have the correct permissions).

Quick System Restore, and the uninstaller was back in Add/Remove Programs, and Ewido is now in the bin.

Anyone got any explanation for why this might have happened.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.