Problem with Ewido 4.0 (free)

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Gary R, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary R

Gary R Registered Member

I've always been a fan of Ewido, and used the old version without problems for quite a while.

However, I'm not a lover of the new interface on version 4.0, and now have further reasons to dislike the programme.

I ran a scan tonight, and after a few seconds, it crashed my video driver (Toshiba 1100 series laptop, Intel(R) 82830M Graphics Controller, Driver 6.13.1.3024), not for the first time I might add (this is the 3rd time).

Tonight however it went further, and crashed my computer as well. What's more I couldn't re-boot, computer hanged before the log on screen appeared.

So I did a "boot from last known good configuration" which fortunately allowed me to log on.

OK, time to ditch Ewido, but the uninstaller was missing from Add/Remove Programs. So I tried the uninstaller in the Ewido folder in Program Files. No go there either (got told I didn't have the correct permissions).

Quick System Restore, and the uninstaller was back in Add/Remove Programs, and Ewido is now in the bin.

Anyone got any explanation for why this might have happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.