Problem with Differential Backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HW11, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

It's great that you are following this through.

According to the definition in the FAQ -

A differential image contains all changes that have been done after the full image creation. To restore a differential image, Acronis True Image must match the differential image with the original one.

and based on your trials with the software, this is certainly not happening.

Hopefully they will have it fixed in the next build.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello HW11,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the previous reply.

I'm afraid that the problem with differential image still persists. However, as Alexey said in the previous post, in order to restore or mount the latest differential image you still need only this particular differential image and the full image.

I will let you know when the issue is fixed.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. HW11

HW11 Registered Member

At this time, I am still using build 3567, and it seems to work OK, except for the problem with the verification of differential backup images, i.e. all differential backup images are required. Before I consider upgrading to build 3633, I would like to know whether the problem with the verification of differential backup images has finally been fixed in build 3633?

I also have one other question pertaining to this new build. Can I install it over build 3567 or do I have to uninstall build 3567 first?

Thank you

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello HW11,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that the issue with the validation of differential backup archives has not been fixed in the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

The fix for this problem will be available in the future builds of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home we release. We hope that the problem does not cause you much inconvenience in the meantime.

You can install the latest build (3633) over build 3567 without any problems.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.