Problem with Definitions Update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by D10_Omega, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D10_Omega

D10_Omega Registered Member

Hi,
    I am having a simple problem that I can't fix...

-> I was updating NOD32 to the latest 1.1102 definitions (on Windows 98 and latest NOD32 2.5.16) when I got a lovely MS BSOD (the BSOD was from another program - not NOD32 related)

--> So I rebooted Windows and updated NOD32 again, this time NOD32 update finished but each time NOD32KUI.EXE starts it gives me an error message:

-> "The current threat database is out of date. It is highly recommended that you update NOD32 immediately to ensure that newly discovered threats will be detected."

--> So I try to update again but I get "NOD32 is up to date"...

----> Is there an easy fix for this (please without needing to re-install NOD32 all over again ...) or at least can I save the downloaded update files and re-apply them afterwards ...

--> I'm on dial-up and I don't want to spend another 15 minutes to get the update...

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you positive you have a correct system date set?

3. D10_Omega

D10_Omega Registered Member

Hi,
    Thank you very much for your rapid response...

-- Indeed, the system date was set to March 20 2006.....
    --- The date must've been messed up when Windows 98 crashed (figures...)

--> I set it back to 2005 and the message is gone !! :oops: Thank you for the solution...

- BTW, NOD32 is the fastest and least resource-hungry AV I've seen, despite running NOD32, I still have 90+ free system resources :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.