Problem with cross linked files after resizing

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by tuthill, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuthill

tuthill Registered Member

I have the latest version of Snow Leopard and bought Camp Tune in order to add a little space to the Windows 7 partition. The resize seemed to work however when it was time to restart the restart never took place so and I had to hit the power button. After rebooting the Win partition had been resized however when I tried to run iDefrag I received an error. I started Disk Utility and it found errors but couldnt repair the OS X drive. Tried rebooting with the TechTool DVD and it also couldnt repair the drive however it did report the cross linked files. I backed up the Win partition with Winclone and the OS X partition with SuperDuper. Rebooted using the backup drive and ran Disk Utility again and was able to fix the OS X drive (phew!!!). Prior to this I had tried resizing the Win partition again to see if that would correct things however Camp Tune reported an error and stopped. Once again I wasnt able to restart and had to hit power button.

So, those who have run into disk size problems might want to try a repair using Disk Utility from a backup of OS X.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.