Problem with Creative Soundblaster Audigy

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by 031, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 031

031 Registered Member

I am getting frequent system crashes (blue screen then restart) after i installed creative soundblaster audigy value and i am quite sure that this piece of hardware or its crappy driver is causing the problem. I have intel core2duo 1.80 ghz , 1.5 gb ram , intel 82945g express chipset . The crash occured even on a freshly installed service pack2 so i am quite sure there is some problem with the soundcard or the driver. :mad: :mad:
    can anyone help ?

Thanks. ​

2. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

Try uninstalling the drivers and just let the card sit in your computer, and see if you still get bluescreens- that can help you determine if it's the card itself, or the card drivers.:'(

3. 031

031 Registered Member

Thanks chrome_sturmen for your reply . The funny thing is the system only crashes when i am connected to the internet and try to play music , or games etc. If i am not connected to the internet the system is very much stable ....
    What a funny soundcard :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. chrome_sturmen

I see, and you're absolutely sure the bluescreens didn't occur before you installed the soundcard?

5. 031

031 Registered Member

Yes , i am quite sure about that . I never had this type of problem .

6. chrome_sturmen

Ok, I have an idea for you- try setting your computer to not automatically restart when it bluescreens. That way, you can see the error that's causing the bluescreen, and you can use it to troubleshoot. If you wanna try this- go to start/settings/ control panel/system click the advanced tab, then where it reads startup and recovery, click settings. Uncheck automatically restart on system failure.

The next time it bluescreens, write down the error code it gives you, then come back and post it here and maybe someone here can help you further.

Good luck :thumb:

7. 031

031 Registered Member

Many many thanks for your help . I emailed to creative support and they replied after just 30 minutes !!!!!! a new driver was released recently and now i am downloading it . Thanks again for your help . I would try your method to get the error code if this driver also crashes .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.