Problem with Cookies on yahoo

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by asoodan, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asoodan

asoodan Registered Member

Hi Dear,
    I am a newbie here.
    I had a major problem with spyware which I sorted out after downloading various anti spyware programs and following advice of people like you on the net.
    I did some changes on my IE 6 on Win XP so that I got a prompt whether to accept the cookies or not... It was fine until by mistake I ticked no to it... that is dont accept cookies while signing in yahoo mail and I also ticked Remember this decision..(foolish me)
    Now I cannot sign in yahoo as it says cookies rejected.
    I have tried my best by undoing the changes I made but still ... I cant log in and the same msg is coming.
    Somebody plz plzz help me
    Thanks
    asoodan

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

When you block a cookie in IE6 and have it always act that way for that site, it places the site into the Sites list in the Privacy tab in IE's Internet Options interface.

In IE, goto Tools Menu > Internet Options... > Privacy tab > Sites... button. Scroll down the list and find the site in question, (which should show a value of "Always Block"), highlight it and click the "Remove" button. Then hit OK out of those screens. That should stop the block on that site for the next time you go there. (While maybe not necessary, you may want to close IE and reopen it again prior to trying to sign on there.)

The image below is from IE6 under XP SP2, but it should be similar for earlier versions. Just look for the sites list in the Privacy section.

Attached Files:

3. asooodan

asooodan Guest

Thanks a lot man....
    U R a star!!!!
    I can see my yahoo working again....
    Fantastic.

Any suggestions for changing any settings on my IE6 for cookies or Active X controls as presently I have switched back to the default mode.

Thanks
    as

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.