Problem with clone disk.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BradBo, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradBo

BradBo Registered Member

I bough another hd because it seemed my old hd was acting up.
    I put the new drive in as a slave and used the Clone feature of my Acronis True Image 8.0 to make an exact copy to the new drive so I could return the old drive to the manufacture.
    The problem is when I remove the old drive and set the new drive as the master I get this error.
    """Windows NT could not start because of the following ARC firmware boot configuration problem:
    Did not properly generate ARC name for HAL and system paths. Please check the Windows NT (TM) documentation about ARC configuration options and your hardware reference manuals for additional information. Boot Failed."""
    Does anyone know what is happening here?
    I am running the latest XP Home with all the updates.
    Thanks
    Brad

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Brad,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please send a letter to support@acronis.com along with the detailed description of how you performed the cloning? Also please tell whether you performed it under Windows (and then rebooted the computer) or after booting from Acronis Bootable CD. Please indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. I will try to help you with the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. BradBo

BradBo Registered Member

Ilya,
    Thanks for the repl.
    I am at work today so I will be able to send you moe info.
    But actually it was really simple.
    I did the clone under windows without a boot disk.
    I turned off the computer when it said to reboot and took the new disk out and set it as the master.
    I took the old disk out completely.
    That is when I got the black screen with the error message.
    Brad

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BradBo,

Please do the following:

- Plug your old disk without unplugging the new one (make sure the old disk is set as your first boot device in BIOS);
    - Start Windows from your old disk;
    - Launch the "Clone Disk" wizard;
    - When you will be asked to reboot please press the "Reboot" button and don't turn off the computer;
    - After reboot the disk will be cloned in the Windows native mode;
    - Then you may unplug your old disk and set your new one as the first boot device in BIOS.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.