Problem with Application Filtering

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by houseeg, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houseeg

houseeg Registered Member

I am trying looknstop on my maching and am having issues getting the application filtering to work. Internet filtering works fine. I am running windows XP SP2 with the latest security patches installed. The issue is that LNS never seems to see any running applications and the list for the application filter is always empty. I have manually added a filter for firefox to disable access but it always lets it through. I have installed the patch from the website and have tried the beta drivers from this forum and nothing seems to help. Any help would be appreciated.

Eric

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

3. houseeg

houseeg Registered Member

Yeah I already tried the patch and it didn't help. I should note that I have tried other firewalls (jetico, Kerio4, Sygate, etc.) and about half of them worked fine and the other half had this same problem. Its like they cannot see anything running on my PC.

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Ok, in this case, there is probably something wrong in the Windows drivers configurations (TCPIP, Netbt...), and the firewall lnsfw1 driver is not loaded at the correct time.

Do an export of the following registry keys:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GroupOrderList]
    &
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services]
    send the files (inside a zip, because .reg will be discarded for security reason) to lnssupport@soft4ever.com and we will try to help you further.

Frederic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.