Problem with activeX

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Weat, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weat

Weat Registered Member

Lately, I have been getting the following error message when I have been trying to download Office 2003 powerpoint templates.

You are not authorized to view this page
    You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the office.microsoft.com home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer

I think the problem is caused by spywareblaster blocking an activex controlled by Microsoft or by spybot blocking the activex control required to run the downloads. I have recently un-immunsied the activex control in spybot as well as uninstalled spywareblaster. Can someone please help me with this problem?

Thank you

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Weat

Weat Registered Member

Thank you ronjor

I have tried the following links but I believe the problem actually begins when you access the Office 2003 site and try to download powerpoint templates. When the search is made for example "science" it directs you to another web page where there are different powerpoint templates for download. When a template is selected it directs you to another site where it allows you to download the file. At this point there is a message saying:

Template Download Help

The template cannot be automatically downloaded.

To manually download the template, follow these instructions:
    Make sure that Microsoft Office PowerPoint is closed.
    Click Download Now below.
    If prompted, click Save.
    Select where to save the template on your computer, and then click Save.
    When the download is complete, double-click the file.
    Select the folder that you want to extract the file to:
    If you are using Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 or later, browse to c:\Documents and Settings\<your login name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates, and then click Extract.
    Note: If you do not see the Applications Settings folder, refer to Microsoft Windows Help for how to unhide it.
    If you are using Microsoft PowerPoint 97, browse to c:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Presentation Designs, and then click Extract.
    Open PowerPoint and look for the downloaded design template in the Slide Design task pane.

This will begin the download process. If prompted, choose to save the file to disk.

When I click the download now button it comes up with the error message:

You are not authorized to view this page
    You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the office.microsoft.com home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer

I look forward to all replies and thank you for your help.

4. Weat

Weat Registered Member

I think the answer to the problem is that I cannot download the activex control for microsoft.

Status Please wait...
    The Microsoft Office Template and Media Control has failed to install. To try installing again, click Retry. To continue to use the site without the control, click Continue.

Learn more

Do not attempt to download this control again.

If someone can find an alternate link to download this activex or a way to download it I will be grateful (my computer does not run SP2 but runs Office 2003 wit office XP Pro).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.