Problem using Acronis True Image 10 Personal - schedule backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SecurityForumUser, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SecurityForumUser

SecurityForumUser Registered Member

I have installed Acronis True Image 10 Personal from the Computer Active magazine and now I am using it in Windows XP Pro. It seems good and fast and worth having.

If I take the left menu option "How to schedule backup", I get an error "Help topic 100,961 not found.". I contacted Acronis live chat and was told to download scheduler_update.zip and extract the files and run the batch file followed with a reboot and try again. I did all this but there is no change other than I now see I have an Acronis Scheduler service and a new scheduler sub directory in the Common File / Acronis directory.

When I contacted live chat a second time, the operator would not assist.

Has anyone got the scheduler working in the Acronis True Image 10 Personal edition? If yes, can you please point me in the right direction? I've searched forums and the Internet and not found any other references to the same issue.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SecurityForumUser,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

You can use the following link to download user guide for Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. Find Schedule Task chapter that describes this option.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. Skytrooper

Skytrooper Registered Member

I thought one of the limitations of the free ATI 10 Personal Edition is that, unlike the full Home version, it doesn't perform scheduled backups. To verify this, I rebooted into a different FD-ISR snapshot, uninstalled ATI v2009 then installed ATI 10 PE. While under Help on the GUI, there is "How to schedule backup," I received the same error message you did when I clicked on it. When I opened the normal help menu, the section on how to schedule backups was absent. Under the Operations tab, the option "Schedule Tasks" which was present under older full versions of ATI wasn't there.

As far as Acronis Support's advice, I think they missed the distinction that you have ATI 10 Personal Edition and not ATI 10 Home.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Acronis True Image 10.0 Personal doesn't have the possibility to schedule a backup task. It is one of the limitations of the personal versions. Personal versions of Acronis products have a decreased number of features compared to the full ones. One can purchase an upgrade to the standard version of the product any time he/she would like to access the features that are disabled in personal product versions.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.