Problem Updating SpywareBlaster(Can't Update)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by elbebo0, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elbebo0

elbebo0 Registered Member

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. elbebo0

the page doesn't work and not really :doubt: i did do a search but i didn't find anything

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. elbebo0

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. elbebo0

yeah i got the Latest version of spybot but i am able to open the program and enable all the protection so perhaps they fixed it? or i don't know but if you want i can uninstall it and reinstall it later?

EDIT: forgot to add or do the unimmunize thing :p lol

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If using WinXP, go to start, accessories, command prompt, and type tracert<spacebar> www.spywareblaster.net and see if you can reach the update site.

9. elbebo0

i get,the system cannot find the specified file

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Error Connecting to Update Server

11. elbebo0

Hey, Sorry about the delay im still waiting for an expert to look up my hijackthis log ^^;; ill post as soon as im done over there

12. elbebo0

still waiting at Castlecops....might go to another site soon

13. elbebo0

well...i waited for ages at Castlecops but they still havent checked my log i had to use a guide and go piece by piece checking everything and following the guide instruction for analyzing my own logs i ended up removing some i did an online scan at spywareinfoforum.com also ended up removing some stuff i downloaded windows defender did a full scan after nearly 6 hour of waiting i found a trojan and i removed it did a scan with AVG anti spyware and found another trojan and removed it, i went to download.com and installed Zone Alarm Firewall and added sbautoupdate and spyware.exe to the trusted progam list and and put al ? on Allow (checkmarks) i also installed ad aware but i couldnt update it either i still did a scan and it didnt find anything im starting to think my problem is serious but after all that i ended up getting a new problem now i cant sign to windows live messenger lol even though i added it to the trusted program list but ill fix that later i really want to fix this so i can update my SB program :/

14. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

15. elbebo0

OK ill do it Thanks a lot :)

16. snowbound

You're welcome and good luck. :)

snowbound

17. elbebo0

ok i fixed a couple of stuff and removed some old stuff with their help but i still cant update Sb and Ad-aware :/

18. snowbound

19. elbebo0

the page is not working for me the thread is working but the page where i download the spywareblaster updates does not

i downloaded some programs from merijn.org just to check i downloaded kazaabegone (since i had kazaa once) cws shredder ( since i was a victim once) and Ads-Spy

turns out i had some old kazaa stuff and i had the cws.qttask trojan and some weird alternate data stream i deleted too and this morning i was attacked by a trojan

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8973/trojanba2.jpg

im still at gladiator security forum theyre helping me greatly! ^^

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  20. elbebo0

i am now able to update Ad- aware still got some problems with spywareblasters but i am hoping that im able to fix it today

21. elbebo0

ehh someone there?

i finished cleaning my computer but i still cant update SpywareBlaster

22. elbebo0

so yeah after removing over 28,000 type of spywares and ad-ware also trojans viruses all kind of things out of this computer ,i beleive my computer is as clean as new and i cant update spywareblaster still...i cant access www.spywareblaster.net either but i can update ad-aware program wich is weird since i couldnt update it also....i got SB on my Firewall Allowed List (ZoneAlarm) and gave like full acess (checked everything) still cant update SB,i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program still cant update i cant access javacoolsoftware site either.... can anyone help? dont abandon my post please i would really like to have my SpywareBlaster back...i have also noticed that sometimes my SB defence gets partially disabled for some stuff like CoolWebSearch (shouldnt do it anymore though because i removed Coolwebsearch stuff just today i though that was the cause i couldnt update my spywareblaster but apparantly it wasnt)

Edit: OH WOW...wtf is going on in here i finally know whats happening,AVG is saying that 190 of SpywareBlaster Items that im being 'protected' from are spyware and ad-aware same thing i had 28,000 cuz my anti virus considered my Advanced Windows Care Spyware Protection as Harmful spyware? do SpywareBlaster gives me spyware oO?

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  23. snowbound

This thread most likely is relevant here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=206608

snowbound

24. elbebo0

oh well that explains a LOT Ty Snowbound but i still dont it if im spyware and malware free how come i still cant access the javacoolsoftware site and the spywareblaster site i still cant update spyware blaster either wich i dont get cuz my neightbor can update it just fine with no problems...i really dont know whats going on i even tried online scans for spyware and i found nothing :/ :(

25. snowbound

Just to confirm, have u tried disabling your security apps separately, then attempt updating to see if this has any effect on the issue?

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.