Problem updating ewido 4.0.0.172

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by abricru, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abricru

abricru Registered Member

I hadn't used my ewido program in probably over a year, but yesterday I decided to. First off, it told me to update my signatures, so I followed the the update now link. Now over 24 hours have passed, and it is STILL updating!? Is this normal? The numbers are changing so it does appear to be doing something, but I can't believe it would take this long with a DSL connection. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks!

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

That's an old version. The current version is AVG AS 7.5.1.43
    Maybe an upgrade to the current version will help with your updates.

3. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

As for myself I'm still using Ewido and I don't plan to upgrade to AVG. You should try to install the latest version of Ewido. I'm using version 4.0.0.201 and I never encounter any problem with the update so far.

4. Rickster100

Rickster100 Registered Member

Hello abricru,

I recently reinstalled Ewido 4.0 and did not have the problems you are encountering. Take a look at a recent thread of mine Gone Back To Ewido 4.0!!!! in this forum for details that may help, in particular post #6. I used the 4.0.0.172c installation file - after install I updated it with no problems. I would perhaps consider the possibility of fresh reinstall (and with a fresh installation file) and see if that fixes things.

An obvious question to ask is as you havent used Ewido in a year are you sure theres nothing blocking the updates on your system, ie a firewall and/or HIPS with old/incorrect rules for ewido.exe? That could be why you are having update issues. Having used Ewido 4.0 for nearly 2 months now and manually updating I have had no problems whatsoever with signature updates, but there have been some users with update issues using AVG 7.5.

I would remove the older 4.0.0.172 version from your system first and then install the 4.0.0.172c file. You can install the latest AVG version if you prefer of course. Let us know how you get on with things.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.