Problem Updating eTrust PestPatrol

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by me, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me

me Registered Member

Purchased the Computer Associates eTrust version of PestPatrol and installed it after uninstalling my previous version of PP. So far have been able to update the components. The program's updater appears to download and install the latest and greatest components but when I check nothing gets updated. I've submitted a trouble ticket to the my-eTrust.com Customer Interaction Center.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. muf

muf Registered Member

3. dread

dread Registered Member

I have not got my upgrade to the new version. But I am running the trial. No problems here. They did stripped it down a good bit and I don't like that. On the second page of http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,11834968~mode=flat~days=30~start=20 I hope what almcdougal said is true. This version does update alot compared to the version 4.x, seems like every 2 or 3 days they update. I did uninstall it and put v4 back and I did have problems uninstalling it. It didn't even show up in add/remove programs. So I ran the installer again and then it showed in add/remove programs but when I tried to uninstall it it left all the file and dirs. So i just deleted the files and folders and cleaned out my register. Besides the uninstall problem and the stripping down of it, its ok still disappointed though. Glad they updating it all the time though lol.

4. me

me Registered Member

With the help of a Computer Associates Customer Support technician was finally able to get my eTrust PestPatrol to correctly update. After having me try many different things, the tech finaly hit upon the solution to my update woes by advising me to do an online system pestscan from a CA eTrust web site. After the scan completed, I started PestPatrol on my PC and did a check for updates This time when the updater finiished downloading, installing, and restarting PP on my PC everything was updated to the most current version. Apparently the online scan made some necessary changes to my registry and updated some activeX components that the updater uses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.