Problem seeing or connecting to remote agents

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mherron, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mherron

mherron Registered Member

I originally installed the TI 9.1 Enterprise demo OK. I installed remote agents, no problem and made backups. Sometime during this process I also installed backup server and group server.

For some reason the group server now sees all the machines as "Inaccessible" and when I try to connect using Remote Manager I am prompted to supply additional user credentials. Regardless of what I enter the screen hangs then appears to connect, however it really does not. When you select backup, the challenge box reappears and I am prompted to supply credentials again. Nothing I enter works. I am using my Domain Administrator credentials, same ones I used successfully last week.

I have tried everything I could find in this forum, however nothing works. What logon account should the remote server be installed as? It defaults to NT Authority, however I have also tried it as the local system account. I also have all firewalls turned off.

Any thoughts, I am running out of demo time.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mherron,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Could you please provide us with additional information, which will let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post on the group server machine and one of the inaccessible remote machines.

Please also clarify, can you access the remote computers normally via Windows (not using Acronis True Image)?

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. mherron

mherron Registered Member

Thank you Marat I certainly will do that. In the mean time is there anything that jumps out at you as most likely the problem?

To answer your question, I am not having any network problems, everything is functioning as always. It is a Native Windows 2003 domain with XP workstations and 1 Linux server. The Linux server still connects fine, all the windows machines fail (No firewalls ON). I have not changed ANYTHING on my network in the time between all machines connecting and backing up fine and now all being "inaccessible".

I will be back in my office Wednesday and will you get the files then, however if anyone has any suggestions or at least directions to look, I will follow. Any ideas? I can't help but think it has something to do with the Agent or the agent logon credentials.

Thanks,

Matt

4. JMartin

JMartin Registered Member

I am having this exact same problem. I tried using every account that I know of. I even put my self as a local administrator on a few of the clients and still won't accept any credentials I give it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.