Problem restoring with Multiple Image files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DaisyFlow, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaisyFlow

DaisyFlow Registered Member

My ACER laptop is backed up with Fat32 disk (external -USB) and so has multiple TI files (4 Gb each) labelled
    MyBackup1.tib.......to......MyBackup17.tib

The Laptop has crashed - it was interrupted during a Windows XP SP3 download - and now the Windows bootup can't complete itself and goes into a endless cycle.

To restore - I started my bootup with an ATI (V 11) bootup CD and Acronis was able to read the internal HDD size (& partitions) and also found my .tib files on the external HDD. I then selected 'MyBackup1.tib' to start the backup process - I assumed that it would then thread its way through the remaining .tib files. Was that correct?
    After 30 min. -backup halted and Laptop shut down - power & all. Same thing repeated on 2nd try.

Did I select the starting .tib file correctly? or possibly my internal HDD is fried?

2. EricSilver

EricSilver Registered Member

I have the same software config on a Dell Inspiron.

I wanted to back up to one of two saved .tib archives (created 1 year ago) from external drive my attempt(s) failed. I ended up using Dell's Restore feature to roll my computer back to it's original state when purchased, and reinstalled all of my apps. Luckily, all my data is automatically backed up daily, as well as manually before I tried to do the ATI recover, so I lost nothing (except about 6 hours of time).

ATI worked fine when I got it, so its sudden failure is disturbing. I am wondering if it has something to to with XP SP3 -- which was not installed when I originally installed ATI (Home 11), and created the backup.tib images on the external drive.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DaisyFlow,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

You can try to repair your Windows using Windows installation disc. Boot from Windows installation disc and choose Repair option. Windows Repair Installation will keep your applications and configuration untouched.

Regarding issue with restore the problem may be related to external drive so try to copy the multiply image to another location, probably another external drive and repeat restore.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.