Problem restoring drive image from CDs using True Image 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by philn, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philn

philn Registered Member

Yesterday I successfullly backed up a full drive image to CDs using Acronis True Image 9, then completely reinstalled XP (including formatting the drive) to try to alleviate a problem I was having. Afterwards, I wanted to restore my image, and I booted from the Acronis Bootable Rescue CD that I had made. Everything went fine with inserting the final CD of the set, etc. After I made all of my menu selections in the series of dialog boxes, it appeared ready to start the restore, but then it rebooted the PC and took me right back to Windows. Just before the auto-reboot, it said "Locking partition c:".

Can anyone tell me what if anything I am doing wrong, and how to fix this problem? Thank you very much!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello philn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Please recreate the bootable rescue media with the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.0 and see whether the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists, please clarify at what step exactly the computer reboots. Please describe your actions step by step.

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. mc5544

mc5544 Registered Member

Gee, I'm experiencing this same problem. It's a real shame that I cannot search the forums for an answer. Based on this thread, when someone posts a straightforward question, the response is load the latest, and try again, then if problem still exists, perform a very arduous documentation effort. Where's the support?

I am extremely disappointed with this product. If the person posting this issue had corrupted their hard drive and needed a complete restore, they would be SOL.

Pitiful.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mc5544,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

This issue is related to the particular hardware configuration.

Acronis is constantly adding support of new hardware in Acronis bootable rescue media, that's why it is recommended to update to the latest build available.
    Further investigation requires some specific logs and reports, it is easier to communicate with Acronis Support Team directly.

As a temporary workaround you can use Acronis True Image Plug-in for Bart PE in order to restore an image, which is included in Acronis True Image 9.0 Home installation file.
    Please see Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide for details

Thank you.
    --
    Anton Sherkhonov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.