Problem Restoring Disks - getting blanks!!!

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by AntonV, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntonV

AntonV Registered Member

I've purchased and been using Paragon Hard Disk Manager™, version 2010, build 9369 (15.01.10 ) Suite.

Most of my backups restore very well, BUT

I have two disk backups that result in blank harddrive if I try to restore them. I've tested both archives and no problems were found - I can also see and restore files in those archive. But when I go to restore disk, preview of the resulting changes shows blank disk (single unallocated green partition) - and if I go ahead I get empty drive!

First time I ran into this problem i thought it was just a fluke, a bad archive. But now I've backed up another drive, successfully restored it to another drive once, but now I'm getting the empty restores with it too!!

Please help I need to get that disk restored!

2. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hmmm....I don't know if this is related but I am getting folders that are also "empty/blank" from a differential restore. This was observed using XP SP3 and Windows 7 using Paragon Backup and Restore 10.2 freeware.
    The first full restore I did from an archive took all my music files and pictures plus all my pdf/rtf/.txt dcuments outside My Documents folder.

Maybe this is related or not but I wish there would be some guidance to problems with restoring....it's a nice program but these problems are not nice.

3. AntonV

AntonV Registered Member

Here are some pictures of what happens:

1. Paragon1.gif
    2. Paragon2.gif
    3. Paragon3.gif

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Did you try selecting (clicking on) Local Disk E to restore?

SELECTDISKE.jpg

5. AntonV

AntonV Registered Member

you mean just do just a single partition restore instead of disk restore? I'll try it

6. AntonV

AntonV Registered Member

Yep - single partition restore worked fine, so I guess I can work around the problem by copying one partition at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.