Problem registering product with key file

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi, i have posted something rather similar in the other AV forum but its more of a computer problem i have and i wasnt sure if the software experts frequently went into the AV section.

But i have downloaded and installed kaspersky pro and i have the trial key file which i downloaded from the kaspersky site (its a registry file) i click on it and it says do you wish to install, i click yes and an error message occurs.

I have tried 6 different key files and all the same message. Please can you fix this.

Attached Files:

• 445.JPG
      445.JPG
      File size:
      13.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

I believe the AV setup, or even after install, you have to use KAV to import it... :doubt:

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Also....in order to import a file into the registry....the file extension has to be .reg....which is the reason for the Registry Editor error message.

4. Phant0m

It doesn’t have to be .reg file, only by Windows standards.
    You can Install a program or make manual registry manipulations so that you can import registry files (registry format) ending with filetype .ass for instance :D

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Sure....there are numerous programs that can add entries to the registry but in this case....I'm assuming Anthony is attempting to import a file with a .key extension that may not be a registry script....which want work I don't think....similar to your .ass example you are showing.

Oh wait....I forget the :)

6. Phant0m

...... lol

7. Phant0m

I mean, you can make additional extensions support like .ass for instance, be treated like the actual window standard .reg file, have it import like .reg file upon double-click for instance (or single click depending on the users windows setup) as long as it is in reg format. :D

8. Phant0m

One could easily have an executable file with different extension like .ass for instance be treated like an executable file with extension .exe :D

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Anthony....since you started a duplicate type thread earlier this AM in the other anti-virus software Forum concerning this same matter....I'll be closing this one shortly and continue this duplicate discussion in the below thread.

It also appears in that other thread that you have this issue resolved ?

This earlier thread---> Problem installing kaspesrsky Antivirus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.