problem on see workgroup computers WIFI

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by coer, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coer

coer Registered Member

I can´t see the names of my computers on the network i have 3 machines via wifi. 2 weeks ago was working perfect but i installed an antivirus and after that i can´t see my computers on "my network places" and "view workgroup computers" The only way to access to computers is on explorer with \\server
    or the name of any computer on mynetwork with the \\
    Like i said before 2 weeks ago i was able to see on "my network places" and "view workgroup computers" all the name of the computers on each machine now to access i need to make that command \\ on explorer.
    The networks is working perfect all is ok but i need to know if someone can help me on see only the names of the computers on "my network places" and "view workgroup computers" and avoid use the \\ comands.
    Thank you

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Is your anti-virus product some sort of a suite, including network components? How about you tell us more about the anti-virus? Likewise, disable it to see if the problem is related to it specifically.
    Mrk

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

What antivirus did you install?
    Show us the network card properties and the installed componants. im guessing the AV installed an ndis filter. i have this problem with kaspersky.

4. coer

coer Registered Member

The antivirus was nod32 security suite. It came with firewall, antisapm, etc, etc. The thing is now i uninstalled the suite and the problem still. Imagine that i have no antivrus no firewall of any kind the webd is exposed to any attack and i still not seeing the computers on the my network places. Like i said you only i can access via explorer with \\
    Thank you

5. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Maybe you need to re-enable file sharing on these invisible systems?
    Also check if you have simple folder sharing checked in folder options.
    Did your guest account get a password?

6. coer

coer Registered Member

How can i reenable file sharing?
    I have checked simply file sharing
    I don´t have any password on guest account.
    Thank you

7. coer

coer Registered Member

I solve the problem going to internet options then advanced and a click on reset and restore. Thank you for your help anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.