PROBLEM - NOD32 not updating automatically!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by User_1900, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User_1900

User_1900 Registered Member

I installed NOD32 on my machine on the 18th. Here;s the thing, I downloaded a free version around a month ago and on the 18th of July, I switched on the machine after a long interval..so the free trial was 2 days overdue. I got a message saying update(purchase) now or uninstall, so I selected to purchase, and got a password and username.

Now, I;ve installed NOD 32 on another machine and was very careful to follow the exact procedure in terms of entering the username and password. HOWEVER, this time around I got lazy and entered the username and password at a POP-UP window. Since then(version 2407) I have NOT turned on this machine. So I turned it on today (July 22) but DID NOT receive updates automatically.....and that is a huge problem! I was not connected to the internet so plugged in the cable and noticed some activity through ZA, BUT NO AUTOMATIC UPDATE, so perhaps due to a lack of patience, I decided to manually update to 2411. The software is setup for automatic updates so I don;t see any reason why it shouldn't automatically update.

Should I uninstall the software and reinstall it using the same username and password the way I did it on the other machine or will it NOT ALLOW me to use the same username/password (which I purchased for a single machine) since it was already used. The software appears to be working fine(although I really wouldn't know otherwise), but without Automatic Updates I am quite annoyed. Anyone know if 2412 will be released tomorrow....I might just wait another day to see if it was my lack of patience OR if that POP-UP window method of entering my username/password has resulted in it "forgetting" (like it says in BlackSpear's thread).

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In order for automatic update to work properly, you need to enter a valid username and password to the update setup window, NOT to the pop-up window or the login details will not be remembered and automatic update will not work.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am afraid I cannot very well understand how many computers are involded here and on how many computer you have installed NOD32 , nor how many license you have .

One license is for one computer . One set of Username/Password is for ONE computer only , you cannot use the same on another computer , you must purchase another license for another computer (if you have more than one computer)

This is wrong , you must have them entered correctly in the Update setup .
    Open Control Center -> Update and press Setup , there you enter them correctly and press OK . For help how to enter them , click here.

Ammm , how do you expect to receive updates if you were off-line ?! :eek:

NOD32 updates automatically upon start-up and checks at least on every hour for new updates . If your computer does not have network/i-net connection upon user logon there is no way for auto-update . If you want immediate update you either have to leave the cable plugged all the time (connected all the time) or you need to press the Update now button manually. Another option is just to leave the computer , stay calm and no more than one hour after you have started the computer and you have i-net connection , you'll for sure be updated because NOD32 will have checked. :thumb:

4. User_1900

2 involved, but I am talking about one which is giving problems. The one giving problems has a separate license. Hope that clears up those statements.

I went to Control Center>Update>Setup and deleted the username/password. I then re-entered the Username/password. I will post what happens tomorrow.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Impatient to see the result

6. User_1900

:) :) :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  7. User_1900

ok, it updated automatically. It could be becasue the cable was plugged in or because I entered the password from control panel OR both!! Thanks for the help.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Perhaps both ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.