Problem moving data from one drive to another.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cdplayer, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdplayer

cdplayer Registered Member

I am attempting to move all of the data contained in a partition to another hard drive new partition. When I select all of the files on the old hard drive and attempt to move then to the new disk (new partition) the program tells me that the transfer was successfully completed.

BUT when I compare the sizes of the partitions a GB of data was not transfered. I even tried using Partition Magic to move the old partition to the unallocated space on the new hard drive (Partiton Magic automataclly creates a partition for you before moving the data). The software told me that a quailfer was missing (of course it didn't tell me which one) from the move(?) partition command. Still a GB between the two drives is not transfered.

In this file transfer setting there are two NexStart 3 external hard drive enclosures. In one enclosure there is a IDE drive the other enclosure holds a SATA drive.

What am I doing wrong?

I am the owner of Acronis 10 software.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Not sure I am understanding what method you used to move the files.

If you have V10, you can do an image backup of the old partition and then restore it to the new partition.

3. cdplayer

cdplayer Registered Member

Thank you GroverH for replying!
    I completed your suggestion today!

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.