Problem Making Rescue Media - Select Component Screen Blank

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by curlysir, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curlysir

curlysir Registered Member

Down Loaded and installed Latest Version of True Image 11 Home. Installed on a computer which did not have previous version installed. System is running XP Pro.

Open True Image 11 and

Open Create Bootable Rescue Media.

Media Builder opens. Click Next.

Rescue Media Contents Selection Screen Opens but nothing shows up. Also tried in safe mode, same results.

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  2. curlysir

Update: I unloaded True Image 11 and installed latest version of True Image 10 and it works correctly. The component screen shows the list like it is supposed to.

What is going on with True Image 11? I have tried it on 2 different computers and get the same results. It does the same if I load it from the cd.

3. curlysir

Third times a charm. Dusted off an old computer that I haven't used in months. It's an older A8v MB with a AMD Athlon 64 3500+, AGP graphics card. If fact I was planning to give it to my grand kids. (May have to rethink that now). Anyway I loaded TI 11 on this machine and everything worked like it was supposed to. Created the Rescue Media disk without a hitch.

Still don't understand why it doesn't work on the other newer machines. I have had no other problems with these computer until this surfaced with TI 11. And like I said TI 10 worked. I restored the disk between each install with a backup taken before I installed TI so I know there was no trace of TI on the machines.

I do not install TI on my computers. I use the boot disk to create a full backup to a 2nd HD on the computer whenever I update the system so I alway have a current image of the HD. I find this to be less trouble.

4. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

What did you choose:
    - create an ISO file?
    - burn on CD directly?

(P.S.: I use the German edition of Ti11 and I don't know whether the dialogs are the same...)

5. curlysir

I am trying to create a CD I can use to boot with and make a complete backup of the C: drive. I find I have less head aches if I do this instead of loading the full product on the computer. I know I am not taking advantage of the full product but this method is less complicated.

6. Charlie Wisc.

Charlie Wisc. Registered Member

I feel your pain. See if this helps. Instead of burning a rescue CD directly, let Acronis make a *.iso file (that's one of the program options). Then use a second program to burn a disc from the *.iso file. I use Roxio, but Nero works too; or google (free iso burning) - here's one http://www.nbxsoft.com/create-burn-iso.php
    ------------
    On my new Dell 530 Desktop w Vista Home Premium, SP1: Acronis TI 11.8101makes a rescue CD disk just fine. Booting from the CD brings-up the expected full TI program, ready for restores, etc.

On my older Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop w XP, SP3: while TI 11.53xx made rescue cd's just fine also; this latest TI 11.8101 does what you found. The rescue CD seems to get burned OK; but using it results with the "hang-up" you described. So I tried the *.iso route; which worked just fine.

Go figure!:rolleyes:

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello curlysir,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please do the following to fix the problem:

- Run "regedit" (Start->Run->regedit);
    - Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\MediaBuilder;
    - Right-click the "MediaBuilder" folder and select Permissions;
    - Check the boxes "Full Control" and "Read" in both Administrators and System accounts.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.