Problem installing Smart Security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Susan D, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan D

Susan D Registered Member

I click on the download button. box pops up requestin user name and password. I put them in. Authorization required message appears behind the box.

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i shall watch this with intestest, im sorry i cant be of help, but this will bump the tread and hopefully someone can help you.
    this is was happened to me, eset response was it works our end, you have the problem.
    i had 2.7 everything worked fine, i upgraded to smart through eset uk. since then i can only download from their site through the original link, i cant download any other version up update from any other eset site. this is with 3 operating system, and 5 browsers, i know how to clear cache.
    but i have just tried it now and the password window just flashes back as though an incorrest passsword has been entered, but on the smart link it works fine, eset said they have tried my passwords on a couple of sites and with different versions all works fine, well not from this computer it doesnt!
    i have only ever experienced this with eset, no problems on other sites.

3. LauraD

LauraD Registered Member

I am also having problems. The installation seems to begin fine after entering the user name and password, but soon I get a pop-up that announces the set-up has ended prematurely. There is no reason listed.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Perhaps you enter the username/password incorrectly.
    Clear your browser cache and check out this thread :
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=907626#post907626

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is listed in another place . You should contact ESET so that they tell you why the installation fails.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1111425&postcount=2

6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i use the same 'saved' pop up box and it only ever worked on smart from the uk site, there certainly seems to be a problem of some sort, mine doesnt work on nod av from the uk site either, not even on the link that support sent me.

7. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

I found un-installing the old version and clean install of the new one solved similar problems for me.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please PM me your username so that I can check your license details.

9. stratoc

stratoc Guest

already been through that marcos, you have all details correct they work from your end, they just dont work from my pc (well only on the smart uk click here anyway) didnt even work from the nod 32 on the same page. it's not a problem to me i curious more than anything else.
    thanks for the reply.

10. stratoc

stratoc Guest

thanks marcos, 'the download worked for me' still doesnt work for me though, thanks for trying as i said it's not important anymore i was just curious.

11. stratoc

stratoc Guest

SusanD

has your problem been resolved?

12. stratoc

stratoc Guest

thanks for the feedback!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.