Problem installing NOD32 with Blackspears Extra Settings

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jaygo, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaygo

jaygo Registered Member

Hi,

I need help in using xTiNcTion's installation routine with Blackspears Extra settings. I already have the latest version of NOD32 installed on my standalone PC, running XP Home SP2.

The instructions say download the NOD32 installer. Is this a file called ndntenst.exe?

Assuming it is, when I double click on this file, various files (listed below) are extracted to an folder called Install.

After extraction of files to the Install folder, I am taken to the Welcome NOD32 Setup Program screen, and I'm given the choice of preserving my setttings or not (uncheck a box will ensure my settings are NOT preserved). If I chose NOT to preserve my settings, I'm given the choice of a typical, advanced or expert install.

At that point I have "canceled" the install routine because my intuition tells me this is not what xTiNcTion intends, since his post's directions don't make any reference to this screen, much less the election to cancel which I have made in an abundance of caution.

After I "cancel" the reinstallation routine, in my file manager, I can see the following files in the folder named Install created before I cancelled:

advheur.nup
    archs.nup
    charon.nup
    engine.nup
    main.dll
    mfc42.dll
    mfc42u.dll
    msvcrt.dll
    ntbaseen.nup
    ntineten.nup
    ntstden.nup
    pwscan.nup
    readme.txt
    setup.exe
    setup.xml
    utilmod.nup

Assuming I'm on the right path, then am I supposed to then extract the contects of nod32config_en.zip into Install and doubleclick on install.bat?

What's confusing to me is there is no reference to "cancelling" the NOD32 reinstallation routine, as I have done.

Any ideas? Nella

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If you already have NOD32 installed on your computer , then you should not mess with xTiNcTion's instructions . They are if you are installing NOD32 for first time or reinstall the application.

Yes , you need this installer because it is for Windows XP , NOD32 Standart version in English

I would recommend you just to configure your NOD32 manually since you already have NOD32 installed , there is no need of reinstalling it .
    Blackspear's tutorial

:thumb:

3. jaygo

jaygo Registered Member

HiTech_boy,

Ouch. Now I do see that the thread is entitled:

"Installing NOD32 with Blackspears Extra settings"

I wasn't paying attention and assumed it was an easy way to impose the extra settings quickly on an existing install. Perhaps xTiNcTion can create a batch file to do that, but it's probably not feasible, or that option would be available in his sticky post.

In the meantime, I will follow your suggestion and configure the settings manually. Thanx for your fast concise reply. Nella

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !!! :thumb:

5. paroots

paroots Registered Member

I had the same confusion about having to cancel. I then reread the following from the instructions:
    --------------
    In Windows XP, right click on NOD32 installer and choose "Extract files..." - put the content on a new folder.

You could use any other unzip tool, like 7-zip (freeware).
    -------------

The confusion was created by the fact that I did not have the 'Extract Files' option. I then downloaded and installed 7-zip. Once installed I was able to right click and extract the files from the nod32 install file without actually starting it (and cancel). The other confusion was what's met by 'new folder'. I've now learned that it should really state a 'temporary folder' and can be deleted once the installation is completed.

Of course, these instructions are intended for a new install as previously mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.