Problem in Sending Email after Installing Pc-Cillin Internet Security 2005

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sossi, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sossi

sossi Registered Member

Dear friends,

I have problem sending email from my home computer since I installed Pc-Cillin Internet Security 2005. I have tried to seek solution from Trend Micro (Pc-cillin) but until now I still could not send email. The provider has gave me some suggestion to overcom the problem but not any single solution can solve m,y problem. I feel tired waiting for the solution. It has been 3 months now since I install the antivirus software. If anyone here could help me, I am very much appreciated.

For your information, before I installed the pc-cillin 2005 anti virus, I could send email using yahoo, hotmail and local provider. But after I had pc-cillin 2005 I could only receive email but unable to send it!

I am so frustrated now. Please help me

2. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Through what program are you using to send and recieve email?

I've had PCIS 2005 for a long time, and I've never had a problem when I use email throught IE and their websites.

Have you tried resetting the firewall rules and trying to send email? Sometimes I find my programs are accidentally blocked through my firewall programs.

3. Cscampxp

Cscampxp Registered Member

have you checked of you have the right smtp server? make sure you have the right settings in your email app

Make sure SMTP port 25 is not blocked in your Trend Micro Firewall and Windows Firewall setting.

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi sossi,

Your ISP should supply you with the following information with regard to your SMTP server for your particular domain, esp. if your ISP was bought up by a bigger ISP:
    SMTP server name
    SMTP Authentication Username
    SMTP Authentication password

PCIS 2005 contains a rule to allow outbound SMTP service - so, it is unlikely that that is your problem, unless you modified the setting.

You just need to make sure that whatever firewall you are using (in addition to PCIS 2005) that the Mail client is allowed outbound access in the firewall permissions (esp. if the firewall is application-based, such as ZoneAlarm Free).

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.