Problem I had with 5.0.94.0

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ozradar, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozradar

ozradar Registered Member

After updating Smart Security 5.0.93.0 to 5.0.94.0, when i connected my Samsung S2 2.0 1TB portable drive, the system froze and only way to recover was to unplug the portable drive and do a hard reset. I am running XP Pro with SP 3. In safe mode the portable drive worked, so i uninstalled 5.0.94.0 and reinstalled 5.0.93.0 and all was back to normal again. Not sure what in the latest version caused the system freeze when plugging in the portable drive.

2. andyxl

andyxl Registered Member

Same problem with me..

when my Seagate I TB portable is pluged, my PC (XPSP3) becomes lag, I have to shutdown my NoteBook by pressing the power button...
    Is it a bug of ESS or something wrong with my system?
    Anyone can help me solve my problem,..THANKS!

3. dangvanthanh

dangvanthanh Registered Member

I have same problem.

I using Seagate 320GB. When I connect extend hard drive, window will freeze.

When I disable Real-time file system protection, I can connect extend hard drive, when I enable Real-time file system protection I can't connect extend hard drive. But Real-time file system protection is a features very good of ESET.

How do I enable Real-time file system protection and connect extend hard drive?

Please help me. Thank you very much.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Until resolved maybe exclude that drive from scanning (and scan it manually if need be)

5. cozumel

cozumel Registered Member

Hi,

My understanding is that this external drives issue is a known bug all over forums and that ESET are working on a fix.

A workaround temporary fix is to have the external drive connected before boot. Has helped some users prevent lock-up.

6. sherryxp2000

sherryxp2000 Registered Member

Just a note, I too have this problem. I resorted to the old 3 version until it gets fixed.

7. xan K

xan K Registered Member

so it's this bug exclusive to Windows XP? I've never had this problem with Windows 7 SP1 x64.

8. sherryxp2000

sherryxp2000 Registered Member

My system is using XP, so for me, that's all I can say for input.

You may be on to something tho, perhaps they'll investigate that theory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.