Problem, how to needed?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by t.mellinger, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t.mellinger

t.mellinger Registered Member

I've been reading the help in home Image 10, it says after you select incremental or diff, you can check how many of those backups you want before it will do a full, i don't get that option after selecting the backup?

I'd like to do incrementals once a week, and every 5 weeks do a full backup. Do i need to create 2 separate tasks, a full every 5 weeks and an incremental every week, will the incremental just look for the latest full and go from there?

Any help?

2. Dwayne Tieszen

Dwayne Tieszen Registered Member

I had the same problem, but got the answer from another on this forum. The option you're looking for is not where you think it is. You must go to the Pick a Task screen and then Pick a Tool - "Create and Configure Backup Locations" - then to "Create Backup Location". Here is where you can select your backup location with all of the options. It's not at all clear in the manual or the help files.

3. t.mellinger

t.mellinger Registered Member

the options i get here are space and total number of backups allowed, i'm looking for the options which get set with incremental backups, how many incrementals before a full backup is done?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello t.mellinger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that you can achieve this goals using Acronis backup locations with automatic
    archives management in conjunction with scheduled tasks. This can be done with only one scheduled task. Namely, you will need to do the following:

- Create backup location (check chapter 7. "Backup location management" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide). Backup location limitations (maximum size, maximum number of backups and maximum number of backups) depend on your needs and free space available for the backup archives.

- Set up a scheduled task to create backup to backup location with the following parameters:

Note that you should select the Backup Location from the special section in the drives tree (check the screen shot).

1) Set backup polices to create a new full backup after 4 incremental backups;

2) Set weekly execution for the scheduled task on the desired day of the week.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to create the scheduled task in chapter 8. "Scheduling tasks".

You are free to create another scheduled tasks to back up your system more often, if needed. Acronis True Image Schedule Manager is flexible and you can set tasks that suits your needs.

Would also like to mention that Backup Policies are available when you schedule a backup task to create image archive to Backup Locations only. I would recommend that you have a look at this thread for more details.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.