Problem downloading Ad-aware SE SE1R2 10.08.2004 update ref. list.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chew, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chew

chew Registered Member

Hi all

I wonder if you have managed to update the Ad-awere SE SE1R2 10.08.2004 update ref. list.

So far all my attempts failed.

I have tried using different Zip engines such as these below to no avail:

1) WinZip 9.0
    2) PowerAchiver 6.11.0
    3) PowerAchiever 8.60
    4) WinZip 8.0

This is what I have encountered:

1) When I went to the link on Ad-aware SE forum Support site on Update. I followed and clicked on the link provided by The Mayhem.

But when I zipped it I noticed that the Zip file date on the ref. list was actaully the older version i.e. 06.08.2004.

2) So I went to the main Lavasoft Home page i.e. www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/ to zip a copy but when I click on the update link on SE1R2 10.08.2004 ... it gave me a file like this
    "defs.ref." and Not a Zip file ...

So all my attempts so far failed to update Ad-aware SE to it's latest Ref. File definition.

If you have been sucessful ... please let everyone knows what Zip engine do you use and which link did you use to download the update.

Thank you.

Chew

P/s: I tried the Ad-ware SE update link provided on WSF thread too ... errmm ... it failed as well.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. chew

chew Registered Member

Ronjor

I have Ad-ware SE Personal Build 1.01 (the free version I downloaded from Major Geek's site)

AAhggggghhh .... I see I see ... I know what you mean now Ronjor ... it is an update for Build 1.02 and NOT for Build 1.01 ...

OK will give it a try now.

Thank you

Chew

4. chew

chew Registered Member

Thank you Ronjor.

You finally solved the problem.

This is the problem:

I have Ad-aware SE Personal 1.01 build.

I kept updating the SE1R2 10.08.2004 without realising that it was meant for 1.02 build.

So it didn't work no matter how I tried.

Now that I have re-installed the whole Ad-aware SE again using Major Geek site ... I noticed the build has been incremented to Build 1.02 and the Ref. List is the latest .... problem solved. After nearly few hours ...

All the time I thought the Ad-aware engine I had (ver 1.01) was the latest ... and I was wrong.

So everything is cool now.

So is this the new ways to update Ref. List? i.e. updating the whole Ad-aware build engine from now on?

Cheers guys.

Chew

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.