Problem deleting pagefile.sys

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dja2k, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I am running FD-ISR and RollbackRX and I just saw pagefile.sys, not as a hidden file, but visible in my c: root directory. I don't even have the pagefile.sys on my C: drive but I can't delete it. If I delete it outside windows, it comes back. Any ideas? Not a bother though but wasting 2048 MB of hard disk space. I know its a RollbackRX problem as it is around this forum, but how can I delete it?

dja2k

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Try setting up a pagefile for your C: drive then remove it.

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks guys, but I don't think it was that kind of problem. Looking around in several posts, I cam up with the conclusion that I had to remove RollbackRX for it to let me remove that file since the C: Drive was protected be RollbackRX. I think this pagefile.sys slipped through the images which was a previous problem with RollbackRX. I is now gone and it is where it belongs, D: Drive which is not protected by RollbackRX.

UPDATE:
    Just found out that another pagefile.sys just magically appeared on my C: Drive, though this time its no bother, its at 0 bytes.

dja2k

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.