Problem Creating Bootable Rescue Media with the Universal Restore component

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ennis, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ennis

ennis Registered Member

The Subject bascially say it. I'm evaluating the Universal Restore component. Whenever I try to create a CD or ISO (with the Universal Restore) I get an error that reads:
    E00040011: Cannot load required components. Please reinstall Acronis Media Builder.

Please contact Acronis support [blah blah blah]

Cannot load required components. Please reinstall Acronis Media Builder. (0x40011)
    Tag = 0x9078F2483C89C509
    Specified file does not exist. (0x40011)
    function = "OpenFileW",
    filename = "\\?\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageEnterpriseServer\ramdisk.dat"
    Tag = 0xF35F747B3B21F823
    The system cannot find the file specified. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070002
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816
    I can create the CD/ISO without the Universal Restore component just fine.

Has anyone else had the same problem? What about a solution.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ennis,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that both Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows and Acronis Universal Restore are of the same\latest build (371:cool: which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number either by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window or by right-clicking on the product installation file in Windows Explorer, going to it's properties and looking through the 'Version' tab.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3718.

After installing the updates please try to create Bootable Rescue CD with Acronis Universal Restore once more and see the result.

If the problem persists then please do the following:

1. Make sure you are using a blank unformatted CD-R or CD-RW disc, as other types of media cannot be used to create a bootable rescue CD.

2. Update any third-party CD-writing software installed on the computer to the latest version available for free on the respective web-site.

3. Try the following workaround:

- Eject any disc from the CD burner prior to starting the application;

- Proceed until the program asks for a disc and opens the tray;

- Insert a disc and then click OK to close the tray automatically.

4. Try to create a bootable rescue CD in Windows Safe Mode (see To start the computer in safe mode).

5. Create an ISO image of the Bootable Rescue CD with Acronis Universal Restore (see Chapter 10 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows User's Guide) and then burn it to the CD using any third-party CD-writing software.

Let us know if nothing of the above helps. We will certainly provide you with the further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. ennis

ennis Registered Member

I got the problem sovler through a direct message to Acronis support.

Installing the latest version of the Enterprise Server solver my problem.

What I would like to see is for the Acronis Universal Restore's installer to check the version of the Enterprise Server (et al.) before allowing it to install (it already checks that you have particualt products installed... so it shouldn't be much more work to check the version). That would have solved my problem immidiately.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ennis,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I'm really glad to hear that you were able to solve this issue.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Rustinator

Rustinator Registered Member

I just had the same problem with Acronis 9.1.3854 throwing errors when the Media Builder process starts. Installing the matching version of Universal Restore fixed the problem for me. There doesn't seem to be any kind of version information on Universal Restore in the software update download area or on the file itself so I assumed it hadn't changed. After starting the install however, I discovered the newly downloaded version number matched the Workstation upgrade already on the system.

I agree with the previous poster, I think the install should have some kind of verification or reminder to the user to make sure the correct version of Univ Restore is also installed since it is a seperate install. It also wouldn't hurt to have an error dialog that stated the actual problem instead of a bunch of nonsense errors. It should state simply a version mismatch with info on how and where to upgrade the Universal Restore piece.

Good product however, I am a proud owner. This product helps me daily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.